About Brownlee & Associates S.L.
- About Brownlee & Associates, S.L.
- Choose YOUR Communication & Negotiation Mentor Wisely.
- Collaboration with Dr. Bruce Hilliard
- Course: Effective Communication For International Virtual Teams
- Course: Storytelling for Medical Specialists –
- Course: Using storytelling in a business context
- Ian Brownlee – Professional Background
- Presentation Modules: Cover your current needs, wants and lacks now!
- The Art & Science of Presentations for Sales & Marketing.
- The Art & Science of Presentations in Medical Congresses
- Using Psychology & Neuroscience to End a Presentation.
- 10 Reasons to Retire the Traditional “Company Presentation”.
- Beating the “Upward Communication Data Loss” Problem.
- 5 Easy Ways to Discombobulate a Presenter.
- Criticism vs Feedback : They are NOT the same!
- 6 Common Interviewing Problems.
- So You Want to Present Like Steve Jobs?
- “The Art & Science of Enhanced Presentations for Marketing & Sales”
- Reflections upon Completion of a Training Project in Manila
- Presenting to Small vs Large Audiences.
- Elegantly Managing Customer Complaints.
- Laser pointers are NOT magic wands so…..Pointers, be gone!
- 7 Points to Consider when Firing Someone.
- The Psychology and Use of Bullet Points in Presentations.
- Dealing with questions during a Presentation.
- December 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- March 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- August 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
Tag Archives: communication
– Ensuring The Decision-maker get ALL the information – One of the greatest problems we can have is business is to ensure that we reduce the possibility of “Upward communication data loss”! All too often, it appears that the senior … Continue reading
Definition: verb (used with object), discombobulated, discombobulating. [dis-kuh m-bob-yuh-leyt] – To confuse or disconcert; upset; frustrate: feeling disconnected or unbalanced. E.g., The speaker was completely discombobulated by the hecklers. The purpose of this article is to ensure that people responsible … Continue reading
Over the past 25 years, I have frequently noticed that there appears to be a tendency by trainers, coaches and other “Talking Therapy” specialists to confuse the meaning of these two terms and to use them interchangeably. I propose that … Continue reading
Course: “The Art & Science of Enhanced Presentations for Marketing & Sales” (Also available in Spanish) – Maximum 8 attendees per group – Open courses in Madrid, Barcelona, Santander and Valencia (dates below) Student-centred objectives: Trainees will learn how to … Continue reading
One of the most common problems I have observed in many meetings & presentations is that many people do not appear to know – or are not interested in – how to ”work the room” elegantly in order to network … Continue reading
I have spent most of my working life involved in research, teaching, training & being involved in communication-related areas in a range of different countries and have an innate passion for observing what is going on around me. Instead of … Continue reading
These days there is a tendency in many organizations, both national & international, to talk about “innovation” and how they are implementing it. It appears to be essential that any “quality” company can proudly state in its internal & external … Continue reading
There are many factors that make a presenter “Excellent” and an even greater number of discussions about this topic. Here is a brief & concise new perspective for your consideration based on over 25 years of experience & observation. The … Continue reading
One of the fastest ways to lose control of a presentation is by asking the audience direct questions DURING the presentation. However, there IS an elegant and much more effective alternative! In this article a PRESENTATION is defined as a … Continue reading
Situation Mick is the Marketing Director of a multinational company who has been invited to make a presentation to a potential client that could become a key account for the company. On the morning of the presentation he checked the … Continue reading
All the comments in this post are also applicable to training courses. John, The Financial Director in a multinational company, was making a presentation of the last quarter’s results to the Management Committee of his company. He knew he had … Continue reading
This is the final article in this series about dealing with angry people. In this article, the word “client” is used to refer to either an external client of the organization, an internal client / colleague or a friend / … Continue reading