First there were words, then there was Magic
– Using storytelling in a business context –
Anyone who wishes to use storytelling techniques in a business context without using PowerPoint or any other presentation programme.
At the end of the day the attendees will be able to use their new skills to:
– Reduce undesired behaviour in their team / organization
– Help initiate and influence change.
– Elegantly suggest specific courses of action.
– Apply the skills to other areas both professional & personal..
– Read & use appropriate verbal and non verbal communication
– Use elements of Ericksonian / conversational hypnosis in their stories.
– Storytelling in context.
– The psychology of storytelling.
– Anecdotes vs presentations vs Storytelling
– Points to Consider.
– Deductive vs Inductive reasoning
– Content elements.
– Basic principles of storytelling.
– Structure(s) of stories.
– Application in business.
– Nonverbal communication.
– Verbal communication.
– Digital anchors
– Analogical anchors
– Objective correlative
– Amnesia / Hipernesia
– Ideosensory trance
– Time distortion.
Every element will be followed by practical exercises – individual, pairs and triads – designed to reinforce previous elements while incorporating the new material. Attendees will be videotaped during the session.
Duration: 09:00h – 18:00h. (8 hours)